While training dogs you may use several training methods. The training methods might be different based on the techniques or method of teaching. However, you must ensure that the training methods must be positive.
For instance, you use methods which would not harm your puppy physically or emotionally. Emotions of dogs are very difficult to understand, therefore, you need to ensure that the emotions of your dog are not hurt.
Some Important Training Tips
The following are some well-known methods for training dogs.
· You don’t need to apply punishments when the dogs are in need to correct few behaviors. The punishments can have a side-effect of having a distrust in your dog over you.
Punishments may also cause an injury which is impossible to be cured, fear, or even aggression. For instance, rubbing on the nose of dogs can cause the dog going to the bathroom in front of you. Electric fence will cause a fear of going outside in puppies.
· Punishments are tending to escalate. If you are in habit of punishing your puppy physically, you would notice that a light tap will be noticed by your dog all at first but the contact may get worse when you are getting more force for it.
Special Article: What Can I Do When My Dog Doesn’t Listen?
· If you will constantly go for the punishment technique, it will kill the creativity inside your puppy. For instance, by the time when you are training your dog to lie down, he/she will get confused to sit or to lie down.
· By using the corrections for teaching the places you and your dog will be in an adversarial relationship.
· Like when you punish children harshly are tending to adopt bad behaviors at most, similarly when you will punish your dog at most will adopt severe behaviors.