Peanut butter is one of the favorite treats of doggos. However a new ingredient in the food is believed to be harmful oi even deadly to doggos.
– Peanut butter is not deadly for dogs.
– However, low-calorie peanut butter could be harmful to dogs.
– This is because they contain Xylitol, a chemical that could cause…
According to the Associate Director of Veterinary Services, Ahana Brutlag, Xylitol is now being added to peanut butter. This is a sugar alcohol and is found in berries, corn, oats, lettuce, trees, mushrooms, plums, and other fruits. Xylitol is used to sweeten dairy foods without increasing the calories. Now, Xylitol is used for low-calorie peanut butter products. Brutlag said, “Even small amounts of xylitol can cause hypoglycemia, seizures, liver failure or even death in dogs.”
If your dog has been poisoned with Xylitol, the common symptoms include vomiting, difficulty in walking, weakness, lethargy, seizure, coma, and tremors. If your dog exhibits these signs, you must take it immediately to the vet.
Read the useful article written by Mark Anthony at – https://wobm.com