When you live near a lake, it is possible that you have heard of toxic algae. Accordingly, toxic algae is not good for dogs.
– Toxic algae are found in lakes and ponds.
– It is caused by the Cyanobacteria.
– Dogs and other animals may suffer from…
Here are the things a dog owner has to know about the toxic algae. Toxic algae is in reality the Cyanobacteria that are formed in lakes and ponds when the weather is hot. The blue-green algae on the surface of the lake could produce toxins that are not good to dogs and other animals. It is possible that dogs and other animals could suffer from liver damage or affect their central nervous system.
When dogs suffer from liver failure, the most common signs are diarrhea, refusing to eat, vomiting, and jaundice. As for the central nervous system being affected, dogs could show signs of being disoriented or they could collapse and suffer from seizures.
Read David Grant’s useful story at – https://www.express.co.uk/