In Portland, Oregon, local dog owners are getting warned by veterinarians. This is because of the potential poisoning from salmon.
– In Portland, Oregon, local dog owners are warned by veterinarians.
– Many dogs are poisoned by eating dead salmon by the river.
– The doggos could die from this if…
According to the veterinarians, dog owners should be cautious when they are walking their doggos along local rivers like the Sandy River Delta, the Columbia River, and the Hood River. Salmon poisoning happens when dead salmon are eaten by doggos. They are issuing the warning after they saw an increase number of doggos poisoned with salmon. Reportedly, symptoms in dogs can show as late as two weeks after the contact. So, if you see your doggo eating a salmon or being near it, take it to the vet immediately. If this goes untreated, the dog could die.
Some of the symptoms include lack of appetite, fever, weakness, and vomiting.
Read the full scoop here – https://www.koin.com/