A dog owner left a mince pie on the table and when she came back, she saw the foil on the plate but the pie was nowhere to be found. Later, she realized her dog was acting funny and she was not prepared for what would happen next.
– A dog ate a whole mince pie.
– The pie contains raisins.
– Raisins could cause death to doggos.
The dog, a miniature Dachshund, had to be taken to a veterinary clinic because of eating the mince pie. Mince pie had raisins in them and it is one of the deadly human foods for doggos. The dog had to be given an injection to induce vomiting as well as activated charcoal in an attempt to reduce the harmful toxins from the raisins being absorbed by the doggo.
The pie could have made the dog suffer from kidney failure or other severe illnesses. Aside from raisins, dogs are not also allowed to eat grapes, currants, and sultanas.
Read the detailed scoop written by Maya Oppenheim here – https://www.independent.co.uk