A dog was saved from drowning twice in a day. Accordingly, the dog almost drowned during the swim and after the swim, the dog also suffered from secondary drowning.
– A dog almost died from drowning.
– When the dog recovered, the dog suffered from secondary drowning.
– Secondary drowning happens if…
The 13-year-old dog, Sparky, was already nowhere in sight while at the beach with his owners. The dog was not even at a really deep area of the beach because the dog was only swimming in less than half a meter of water. The dog was later recovered and one of the dog owners saved him through CPR. However, the dog developed secondary drowning. The Jack Russell had to travel for an hour and a half to get to a veterinarian and get the medical attendance he needed.
Secondary drowning takes place when salt water gets into the lungs from the blood stream. The dog owners are now warning other dog owners.
The doggo has already fallen off of a cliff and ate rat poison in the past.
Read the detailed article by Paula Hulburt at – https://www.stuff.co.nz/