A doggo from Leicestershire died because it was scared by the fireworks that went off one evening. Now, the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) is calling on the government to change the laws regarding the use of fireworks.
– A dog from Leicestershire died due to being spooked by fireworks.
– A horse also died because of it.
– The RSPCA is now appealing to the government for…
The dog was a nine-year-old greyhound named Faye. The dog owners shared that the poor animal died just after it went to their garden after hearing the fireworks go off. The dog was adopted by the family in 2017 after it was rescued from a dog meat farm in China. One of the dog owners revealed that the dog was just doing fine inside the house and was watching TV.
However, the dog needed a potty break so it was let out in the garden. The dog owners thought the fireworks have already stopped because they could no longer hear anything before they let the dog out. All of a sudden, there was a loud explosion and that caused the dog to be spooked. The dog reportedly fell to the ground and started to convulse.
A horse in the area also died because of being afraid of the fireworks. There were also many reports of animals being in distress. Because of these recent incidents, the RSPCA said in a statement, “We need tighter controls over the sale and use of these potentially lethal explosives.”
Read the sad scoop by Chris Jones at – https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/