In Arvada, Colorado, a couple and their dog were out and about doing some retriever drills one evening. However, the doggo almost died after it got into a pond full of the deadly toxic blue-green algae.
– A dog was out with its owners one evening.
– The dog later went to a pond.
– The dog owners were alerted by…
According to the dog owners, their five-year-old Labrador Retriever was born and raised as a hunting dog thus the drills they were conducting. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment discovered the high levels of the toxic blue-green algae in the said pond. The city posted signs earlier that day but the couple did not see them. Later, two boys on their skateboard approached the dog owners and said that they saw the dog’s head in the water. The boys alerted the dog owners letting them know of the signs at the pond.
The dog owners then rushed their doggo to an animal hospital. The vet induced the dog to vomit and they said that if the dog was not removed from the pond immediately or taken to the vet right after the incident, the dog could have died.
Read the thorough scoop of Kristin Haubrich at – https://kdvr.com/