Veterinarians are warning dog owners to make sure that their pets do not end up eating death cap mushrooms, which are usually found in Northern California. This comes after an eight-week-old dog died after taking a bite of it.
The now-deceased dog, a male Alaskan Klee Kai pup, was taken to UC Davis veterinary hospital and underwent a series of procedures such as plasma exchange, dialysis, and other blood purification processes, but still died a day after the dog ate the mushroom.
The director at the Small Animal Clinic at UC Davis said that the mushroom’s toxins caused the liver failure of the dog in just 24 hours.
Special Article: Dolphin Trapped In The Body Of A Corgi (Video)
The director noted that the procedures that the dog underwent could help save a dog’s life but every minute is important. Dog owners who believe their dog ate the death cap mushroom should immediately take their dog to the veterinary.
The mushrooms were reportedly on the lawn of the dog owners. More of these deadly mushrooms are believed to be present at the Sacramento area.
Educate yourself by reading Annie Ma’s full story at – http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/