New York City dog owners are being asked by officials to look after their doggos while out and about. This comes after new information was released saying that three New York City parks have been found to be positive with the algae that could potentially harm and even kill doggos.
– In New York City, three parks were marked positive with toxic algae.
– Three ponds in Manhattan were identified and one park was also announced to be harmful in Brooklyn.
– Dogs that become ill after contact with the harmful water may exhibit symptoms like…
The state environmental website said that the waters of Turtle Pond, Harlem Meer, and Morningside Park in Manhattan are positive with the toxic algae. In Brooklyn, the pond in Prospect Park is also one of the places that the officials have warned dog owners about. However, the Prospect Bark Dog Beach remains to be open and safe for doggos and other animals.
When your dog becomes sick from the toxic algae, he or she shows off symptoms sometimes as fast as 15 minutes after contact with the harmful water or several days after the exposure. Your dog will suffer from diarrhea, vomiting, weakness, drooling, seizures, or difficulty in breathing.
Read more of Susan Scutti’s informative scoop at – https://edition.cnn.com/